960± acres consisting of 877.64± cropland acres. This farm has a good history of corn, cotton, and soybean production. The soils consist of Dundee – Alligator – Tensas complex undulating and gently undulating. The property has great access, with road frontage along the north and east sides of the property. Property location is T6N, R7E, Sec. 20, 21, 28 on Bodark Rd. Concordia Parish northwest of Monterrey, LA near Lismore, LA. The property has electricity along Bodark Rd. This land would make a great mixture of tillable income producing property with recreational and hunting potential. The property has an existing year to year agricultural lease ending on December 31, 2023 that can be re-negotiated by the new owner / buyer of the property for 2024. The property will be divided into 4 lots for the auction as follows:
Tract 1: 290.56± acres mixture of tillable and recreational land with road frontage, good access, Dundee Alligator – Tensas Complex, undulating to gently undulating, well drained.
Tract 2: 280.04± mostly tillable acres with road frontage, good access, Dundee – Alligator – Tensas complex undulating – gently undulating, well drained.
Tract 3: 389.4± mostly tillable access with some recreational land, good access, road on north and east, Dundee – Alligator – Tensas Complex, gently undulating, well drained.
Tract 4: 960± acres combination of tracts 1, 2, and 3.
Agricultural lease - $122,869.00 per crop year in advance
50% mineral rights will convey to new owner / buyer.
This property has most of the boxes checked for:
- Tillable Ag Production
- Pasture / Cattle
- Good Access
- Possible NRCS program rankings.
It is located in a great farming area with resource businesses nearby.
Documents available in Downloads:
5.Boundary Map PDF
If the property is sold in multiple tracts, it will be surveyed prior to closing. Final sales closing price will be adjusted at closing to match actual surveyed acres.
Buyer and Seller will split the survey cost at closing for each buyer’s tract.
Live Auction Location: The live auction will be held Wednesday November 15, 2023 at Panola Woods Country Club, 266 Parish Rd 5A – 97, Ferriday, Louisiana 71334.
1LS8 – Summerall Airport, Ferriday, LA. Closest airports to the property. 2,500ft paved.
OR4 – Concordia Airport, Vidalia, LA. 3,701ft paved. Unicom – 122.8
Estate of Raymond M. Jones
For more information or to schedule a private showing contact Chris Lemoine or Barbara Bonnette at 318-443-6614.
290.56± acres mixture of tillable and recreational land with road frontage, good access, Dundee Alligator – Tensas Complex, undulating to gently undulating, well drained.
In order to register for the auction, you must submit a bank letter of guarantee, or a pre-approval letter from a finance company after you have registered online. This can be emailed to email@example.com.
266 Parish Rd 5A – 97
Ferriday, Louisiana 71334
The Bonnette Auction Company method allows the buyer to maintain control of any tracts or combination of tracts throughout the auction. With this system, the bidder select the tract(s) he/she wishes to purchase and bids on them. Bids are tracked by a computer software system and posted in the front of the auction room.
First, the tracts are auctioned until each tract has a high bidder. Following this process bidders may bid on a single tract, or combine one or more tracts in a custom comination. Bids on individual Tracts and combinations are continued until there are no further requests and the auctioneer declares the bidding closed. Boards are used to display the high bids and the bidder’s number to keep you informed.
· No one is out of the bidding, until the Auctioneer closes the Auction.
· You may combine any or all tracts in any grouping throughout the entire auction as well as post new bids on any single-tract bid or combination bids already posted.
· You can look at the lots displayed on the large boards at any time in order to see the high bid to determine whether you have control of a particular tract.
· Since everyone who is participating in the auction can choose which property they want to buy and the price is set by the bidders, everyone has the same opportunity to buy.
· The Auction Staff is here to help at any time.
· Bid on the Tracts you want to own. If you want a single tract, then bid when it is available. If you want multiple tracts, then bid when combinations of tracts are permitted. Remember all bids posted are considered “active” and could be back in winning position at any time.
· Don’t wait to bid. Prices don’t go down. Waiting only invites more people to jump in at the last moment,or add the tract you are interested in to their combination. Remember that it’s better to defend your position than to take the position from someone else.
· Determine your buying strategy prior to the auction. Decide what you want to buy and how much you can spend.